Let’s know better this talented English dj/producer:
Hi Joel, welcome to EDM Lab!
- Your debut single is dated 2015. When in your life, did you come up with the decision to become a DJ/producer?
I have been DJing since I was 13 years old. It is the only thing I ever wanted to do. I started producing during college, and was releasing music for many years before I finally got my break in 2019.
- Listening to the tracks that you released before “Sorry,” it is clear that you were not looking for the commercial hit, but you were working on improving your skills. Could you confirm this impression? How important is paying the dues in your work?
Over the years my direction has changed. I first started out making Hip Hop beats, I then progressed into dance music and for a period of time I played and produced EDM and Melbourne Bounce. My taste in house music developed and my passion grew for the underground scene. I think this journey is normal, it is important to find what makes you happy and the success will come when the time is right.
- What music do you listen to in this period? Do you have preferences other than house music?
I have my own weekly radio show in the UK on KISS FM, so I am sent new music every day. It is mainly house music, but I also do like to check out other music that is in the charts. I am a big fan of Ed Sheeran! I always listen to his album in the car.
- For your vocals, you picked not-so-famous artists such as Hayley May and Harlee. They both did a great job, but is there any famous pop-star would you like to work with on your next single?
Hayley May and Harlee are amazing talents and I believe they will both have great futures. I am happy if I can help them in their journeys. I have been lucky to work with some amazing song writers and artists over the last year, I can’t give too much away now, but there are exciting things coming.
- One last question. In the past two years, you published only two singles. Both showed excellent quality and had great success. This is something that I particularly enjoy if compared to those who flood the market with dozens of tracks, often all equals. Could you anticipate whether you are planning on releasing something new by the end of the year?
Thank you, I want to release songs that connect with people, not just on the dancefloor but also emotionally. I want my music to create memories, this is how records become timeless. I am aiming to release a new single for summer 2020, so keep a lookout!
We are very curious to listen your next single, thank you for being here with us!
Alessandro Mancinelli – EDM-Lab.com